Chrysalis is currently looking for a new Employment Specialist to join our team. Please see the job description below!
Job Announcement – Employment Specialist
Chrysalis, Inc., a non-profit agency that provides vocational support services to individuals with mental illnesses, is currently interviewing for the full-time position of Employment Specialist.
Job Summary: The Employment Specialist is responsible for job development and the delivery of vocational rehabilitation services to adults who have mental illnesses. These services include vocational counseling and support, assessment, skills training, job modification, problem solving, consultation with employers regarding consumer’s performance, and maintenance of excellent employer relations. The Employment Specialist collaborates with other treatment providers to coordinate services and develop therapeutic treatment plans. The Employment Specialist is responsible for keeping all documentation accurate and up to date, including: progress notes, clinical assessments, vocational assessments, hour logs, DVR reports, releases of information, and other related documentation necessary for the facilitation and billing of services.
- Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, human services, or related field.
- 2 years experience working with individuals who have serious psychiatric disabilities
- Knowledge of Mental Health diagnoses, symptoms, and treatments.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the handling of confidential information.
- Ability to evaluate, make recommendations and problem solve about mental health and job related concerns.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with consumers, employers, and staff.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and consumers’ participation in their own service planning.
- Ability to create and maintain professional boundaries.
- Valid drivers license and access to car to use for work & current automobile insurance.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Knowledge of Mental Health and DVR systems in Dane County
Hours: Full Time (approximately 40 hours per week)
Benefits: 100% individual health care, three weeks vacation the first year, ten paid holidays, flexible scheduling.
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
Available: Mid July, 2013
Please submit a cover letter AND resume to:
Chrysalis, Inc. 1342 Dewey Court, Madison, WI 53703, Attn: Dani Rischall.
Documents can also be provided via e-mail –
Call (608) 256-3102 with questions